Abortion Group Blog
Abortion Group's Blog is updated frequently with posts from staff and people willing to share their stories.
Get informed with honest and reliable information on pregnancy and abortion.
Why I Speak Up About Abortion Featured
I have been asked plenty of times, why I speak about my loss so often and so publicly. And frankly, there are several reasons.
- Initially, the main reason was because there was so little available for or about us post abortive siblings. I had no one to talk to about my pain and such, besides my own siblings. And if I felt that way, I knew it was likely very many more were feeling the same.
- In a special way I wanted to reach out to the parents who were considering abortion for the sake of their other children, present or to come. I was now aware of the terrible effect it could have on siblings.
- I feel I have an obligation of sorts to be a voice to those poor siblings who are unable to do so, either because of lack of parental support or because they feel unable to because of the emotional toll, etc.
- I share because I want to connect with other hurting families.
- One of the biggest reasons I continue to put myself out there though, is because I know first hand, the great toll that emotional repression can have on so many. But I am also blessed to know first hand, just how healing it is to find someone you trust enough to open up to, or some other healthy outlets.