Getting the facts to help women make an informed decision in pregnancy.
Why I Speak Up About Abortion
I have been asked plenty of times, why I speak about my loss so often and so publicly. And frankly, there are several reasons.
- Initially, the main reason was because there was so little available for or about us post abortive siblings. I had no one to talk to about my pain and such, besides my own siblings. And if I felt that way, I knew it was likely very many more were feeling the same.
- In a special way I wanted to reach out to the parents who were considering abortion for the sake of their other children, present or to come. I was now aware of the terrible effect it could have on siblings.
- I feel I have an obligation of sorts to be a voice to those poor siblings who are unable to do so, either because of lack of parental support or because they feel unable to because of the emotional toll, etc.
- I share because I want to connect with other hurting families.
- One of the biggest reasons I continue to put myself out there though, is because I know first hand, the great toll that emotional repression can have on so many. But I am also blessed to know first hand, just how healing it is to find someone you trust enough to open up to, or some other healthy outlets.